Social Issues > Re-Open The Black Cap Pub
Few Londoners can be unaware of the attempts by anonymous foreign-backed property developers under the investment vehicle Kicking Horse Ltd (Jersey) to erase this famous Camden Town LGBT+ landmark, and the very strong campaign by The Black Cap Foundation Ltd to fend them off.
The Campaign Timeline is at:
The BCF defence website is at:
and a very lively Facebook Groups page is to be found at:
Make Public provide Program Facilitation to the BCF, and Chris Clark of Make Public is on the BCF Board.
The row of stunning victories that campaigners have inflicted on the property developers to date include:
- Fighting off all planning applications from 2012 to 2015
- Dismantling the sale between Kicking Horse Ltd and Camden Securities LLC AFTER exchange of contracts
- Dismantling the sale between Camden Securities LLP and The Breakfast Club again AFTER lease signed
- Winning an Asset of Community Value Order from Camden Council, and getting the Pub's unique 'sui generis' category re-publicised
- Winning the Kicking Horse Ltd appeal against the granting of the ACV
- Successfully challenging four Planning Applications by Ruth and Robinson Ltd who had signed a 25 Year Lease (less 3 days) to change the pub to a restaurant
- Defeating Ruth and Robinson through direct shareholder action again AFTER having signed the lease, causing them to retreat, then change their business name AND address
There is much more action to follow, and campaigners are confident of victory.
For recent press releases, please Click Here.
Want to know how we can help you, please Click Here.